Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - auto darkening welding helmets
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28 View Post
I'd be willing to bet some of those "name brand" names are Chinese imports. Especially since the Chinese are flooding the U.S. market with cheap solar cells.

Vince
Jackson and Speedglas..made in America...

Optrel..Made in switzerland...

ArcOne..Switzerland also...

Miller..made In KOREA

Lincoln....CHINA

I've tried every one of these mentioned..and owned 1 Arcone Carerra and old Optrel...
I currently still own and use the Jackson NexGen and Speedglas 100V and both of them have been abused to hell and back,,and still workin like new..the Jacksons always seem to have the BEST clarity in the lens out of all of them............
But recently tried out the new lincoln 3350 and the features and clarity are real nice..and good price too...

The cheapo's i speak of..are the mass produced for no one specials,companies and people pay a little fee to have their name put on them,but several companies have the same exact thing...those are mass produced JUNK and have no real quality control...

Miller and Lincoln supposedly has their own people at the plants making them 24/7 over-seeing the operations and quality.

I've had the Miller Elite for a short time..my son kind of "claimed" it when he was working a government job learning TIG..i didn;t care much about it after the fact that i bought it and was thinking i was getting an american made product because it was Miller...wrong thinking...
It went on the blink only about a year and a 1/2 afterwards..and Miller claimed he abused and only wanted to give him a little discount for a new one..the abuse was claimed because the hood had slight scratches on it...i've yet to see anyone who actualy USES a welding hood stay nice n pretty..so after that expereince and a few issues i've seen freinds have with new Miller machines too?..their name is not on my buying list anymore...

The biggest factor here,all those mass produced no name brands that people only buy as a product and have their name put on them are the ones that have really unkown lens in them..my suggestion if ever buying one..throw away the lens covers and go buy some good quaility Z87.1 polycarbonate lens covers....that way at last you KNOW you have at least 2 of them for real protection.