Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - auto darkening welding helmets
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

........ Man really interesting reading here. Are you telling me that because the government has some mandate/law on the auto darkening light filtering standards. That YOUR safety somehow is not a responsibility that is necessary for the individual to be concerned with?

And then go and buy some china crap and come over to my car and tell me that the 2 dollar helmet is just as good as the 235 dollar one ............... very enlightening. The question NOW becomes how did you do the test for verification OR did you read the label on that product to determine this fact. If the label is the source of the information just let me put out a little clue for anyone to chew on ......... Ever heard of counterfeit money, what makes you think that this is not done elsewhere? I know only money is counterfeited......

Paint 2 cars black and use the cheaper paint of the SAME manufacture on one and go with the good stuff on the other. Now set them in the sun and take a wag at which one will out last the other , perform and indoor time the longest.

No wonder we have such substandard product floating around. For instance, cell phones that do all sorts of tricks. But the one thing they were designed for originally, the stupid piece of crap can not do .......... Make a phone call that does NOT include the words "can you here me now"

I personally do not believe for one second that the hf helmets are as good doing the same job as the better brands, to the ones that think it can happen ............ fine it is your eyes and while you are spending your money on you sight problems. I on the other hand will be at the speed shop spending my money on faster parts ................ good luck with your cheep eye protection just a gamble I personally am not interested in taking.