Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Auto Hoist?
Thread: Auto Hoist?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

hoists

I have a 2 post hoist. 10 K capacity since we have 5 trucks on the farm. Tax deductable. I have the underfloor kit. the cables and hoses run in a tray with a heavy metal cover. I have been thinking about adding an inverted u to better brace the posts, One truck weighs just under 10 K #. Mine has screw adjustable lift pads , and 4 inch extension blocks I also have extenders on all 4 arms so I can pick up a narrow frame T bucket. It's nice to have the full clearance under the car but a hassle when I was rewiring the 36 and the posts are in the way to open the doors. I thought a 40 X 120 ft shop would be large enough , the hoist is near the middle, the welders and torch,. drill press, grinder, are near the door since they get used the most. but with all the projects we end up with too much stuff in the way and have to move things to use the hoist. It should have had its own access side door. We are building a smaller retirement house with a 4 car garage and I will probably get a 4 post with wheels . and a flat-no slope driveway pad so it will be easy to roll outside if needed.