auto to muncie - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

auto to muncie

I am currently running a stock 350 auto in my 68 chevelle, have parts from 70 1/2 camaro to change to standard/stick. M21, bell housing , linkage etc. Can anyone offer advice as to what specific problems may arise? looks like the drive shaft is the same, also have the rear end, but one job at a time. also looks like I can source new pedal linkage via ebay.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 PM

Last photo:

Auto to manual

I changed my 69 from auto to manual as well. No problem. All the parts are available. It was really pretty easy.

If that 350 is mild, that Muncie will be just fine, but as much as I know the Muncie fans will scream, Muncies had their problems when you put too much power to them. There's some nice aftermarket options available such as a more heavy duty case, M-22 gears, and I think I heard the overdrive gear set was out now?

Otherwise, if money isn't an issue, I'd go for the Tremec tranny.

Steve
Old 10-04-2007, 08:22 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

Thats a pretty easy job. Just be sure to install a pilot bearing in the crank before you put it all together.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM

auto to muncie

Might check on the length of the driveshaft. The 70 up Muncie was 1/2" longer requireing cutting driveshaft 1" on pre-70 cars. Also, check and be sur which front yoke you will need. 70 up used same as Tubro 400 not the Th350 course spline yoke. Input shaft also fine splined requires different clutch disc. Hope this helps.
Oops almost forgot if above exists then have to move crossmember forward 1/4" as mount still in same location on trans as early units. Been there and done that. Found out hard way.

Last edited by twoteam; 10-06-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: left out one thing

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.