Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Autolite 4100
Thread: Autolite 4100
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I soaked the carburetors in a metal tray filled with PB blaster for a month or so,But no luck in getting it to release the screws,I did try some heat but that didnt work either.I actually have 6 autolite 4100s' that i picked up awhile back,2 are the 1.08...yeah both of them are the ones with stuck idle mixture screws.the other 4 are the 1.12 venturis..and one of the larger ones has a longer 'snout than the others...i have heard that guys dont like that version any particular reason why? At any rate,i think i will end up with 3 possibly 4 good carburetors to run,If i can get them cleaned up and rebuilt properly.I already tangled with PONY carbs,and i will never work them again.I spent over $500 and got the run-around and ended up with a carb that wasnt even mine and it didnt work properly..not even close.I LOVE the autoite 2100&4100 carbs.I didnt have any left that were rebuildable until a few weeks ago.In the meantime i bought one of those 'summit' 600cfm 4V..a decent carb,gave me a few headaches at first but it seems to be operating well now.However,I still dont think its as good as the autolites.