Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Autolite 4100
Thread: Autolite 4100
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Im not so angry that they sent back a carb that wasnt mine,I wanted mine back because its the original from the original car/engine.But from what i could find out.The one i sent was either lost or ruined after it arrived there.But instead of notifying me of that,They tried to fob off a different carb and say it was mine.Also as soon as i bolted it on..i hadnt even touched a thing..just removed it from the box bolted it on,And it began leaking all over.I stopped the leaks but it was so frigged up the car wouldnt even run.I described what was happening but i didnt get very and was told that everything that was wrong was due to my inexpierience..so without all the info being heard from me,the determined that it was all 'ME'.Had they been up front and told me they had lost or ruined my carb and offered to give me a good replacement..i would have been okay with that.They did an autolite 4100 for my dad several years ago,And it was GORGEOUS!! and it worked flawlessly, all claims they made about improvements were right on the money.At any rate i wont go to them again.And today i ordered 2 kits from Mike's carburetor parts.I did go look at Daytona parts,But they didnt have a 'hardware kit' Mikes did,So i oredered 2 carb kits and a hardware kit so i could have metal floats and some other items im missing.it will be here in a few days.I will post here on what i find in the kits and review