Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - autoloc bear claws
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrush View Post
I have a '48 Ford tudor full custom with existing shaved handles and solenoids door openers installed---I notice the stock door latch releases on that model year don't release enough to pull the door open-when the door is open the solenoid works fine pulling the latch inward--but when the door is closed--it seems too tight to pull back the latch--do I have to use a Bear Claw latch set(which I already have a small set in box) or can I modify the stock latches to work better. Has any one out there ever installed Bear claws on a '46-'48 Ford or modified the stock latches to work. thanks, Vince
I'm having a similar problem with mine lebrush, how much ft/lb solenoid are you using? I do not have solenoids yet for mine and I want to buy them. Worried that they will not pull hard enough to open the door.
Has anyone installed bear claws on a car that already been painted? I think that is something that would be a question for both of us.
Not trying to steal your post lebrush, just get the answer to the question you asked.