Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Automotive water base paint questions
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Specal Thanks

I have a number of friends with body shops and that is a great idea and I am sure they have something laying around.

I will also ask him again about the slow reducer and just how it works.

This will be m first try using 3 state Turbine System with water base paint but so far the guys I have talked with swear it works well and they keep telling me the reasons why PPG and many others are gearing up is because they know at some point this will be law. Might not for a few more years but Europe and Canada and companies like Caterpillar have been using water base for a while now.

I also like the idea that when you are spraying water base you do not have to stay in the garage until 3 AM in the morning trying to finish. My friend told me you can stop whenever you want and the solvent based clear does not have to be sprayed within any certain period of time after the base coat is done which also makes it easier for someone working along in their home garage.

I am going to sand the entire truck since it does not need any bodywork and then spray a sealer first over the entire truck.

Thanks for your great tip. Jimbo