Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   Automtive lift shopping, looking for suggestions (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/automtive-lift-shopping-looking-suggestions-230464.html)

macrobert68 03-08-2013 07:46 PM

Automtive lift shopping, looking for suggestions

Hello,
This weekend i am shoping for a garage lift .I have been thinking of a 4 post . My garage is 22 x24 with 9 ' 6'' ceiling

I have looked at so many and they all are so different in quilty and price
Who has one and would you recommend yours

Thanx ,Bob

327NUT 03-09-2013 12:22 AM

If you would just use the search function you'll find numerous pages on this subject.

carolinacustoms 03-09-2013 06:48 AM

My biggest concern would be your ceiling height. Maybe I mised something, but I'm not sure how much good a lift would do when you could only lift the car about few feet?

timothale 03-09-2013 08:18 AM

lifts.

I have 16 ft walls in my shop and a 2 post lift, plenty of clearance. My nephew has a 4 post lift and the wheel kit so it is movable. will you have enough garage door clearance so you could roll it outside to get a car all the way up? A neighbor had a concrete pad along side his house garage , it looked strange to see a car up in the air next to his garage behind a 6 ft gate. With low ceiling height a set of higher ramps like you see at a used car lot mightr be more practical.

macrobert68 03-09-2013 08:39 AM

The car is a active project in the works look at my photo album.Im just sick of rolling around on the ground .it measures out to raise inside 4 feet or so and im thinking i can roll around on a chair .Plan b is to roll it outside on nice days .I priced byb lifts and thou they look nice they are almost twice the price of bendpak .I wanted to pay a little more for a GET WHAT U PAY FOR lift but twice the price is crazy .does anyone have a 4 post bendpak.

da34guy 03-09-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macrobert68 (Post 1655007)
The car is a active project in the works look at my photo album.Im just sick of rolling around on the ground .it measures out to raise inside 4 feet or so and im thinking i can roll around on a chair .Plan b is to roll it outside on nice days .I priced byb lifts and thou they look nice they are almost twice the price of bendpak .I wanted to pay a little more for a GET WHAT U PAY FOR lift but twice the price is crazy .does anyone have a 4 post bendpak.

Have had 4 post Bend Pak's for over 25 years,from small to large.
Get product, wouldn't buy anything else.

macrobert68 03-09-2013 04:30 PM

Thanks da34 guy yea after shopping all day im thinking thats the lift for me .

33Willys77 03-09-2013 08:16 PM

I have an Eagle and my dad has a Bend Pak. - Both are great.