Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Be aware of Low Cost, Low Quality Aluminum Heads
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Be aware of Low Cost, Low Quality Aluminum Heads

Hey Guys and Gals,
I am a victim of the "Get a Bargain" mentality and I am ashamed and embarassed. (bare assed). I have, through hard experience discovered that saving a couple or three hundred isn't the way to go. I bought aluminum heads from "Superflow heads made in Australia" and in the three weeks it took for them to get here, discovered that they were probably Pro Topline or Pro Comp Electronics or HI Flow. They were shipped from a Pro Comp Electronics address in CA. I ordered them from Hot Rods USA/Hotrod Heaven. While on that website trying to find out how to return them, I scrolled to the very bottom, and found in very faint print all the names I have mentioned above. They are on Ebay and the internet. The first set did not match each other, one needed taper seat plugs ( small block chevy) the other needed 3/4" reach gasketed plugs. After some debate with Dean Oshiro, he sent another set. These were also not right. One head could take standard Chevy taper seat plugs and the taper was all wrong, as a little machinist's blue on the plug taper proved. The other head needed gasketed plugs of 1/2" reach. I worked for O'reilly Auto Parts for 6 years and never heard of such a plug. The plugs they recommended C57C protruded into the chamber by 3/8"
I went to my nearby O'reillys (still friends with the guys and gals) and spent over 2 hours going thru the Champ, Autolite,Delco and NGK paper catalogs and nothing will fit that except LAWNMOWER plugs!!! Whats wrong with this picture! Anyway, after 1and 1/2 months I have sent them back for a refund. Don't do as I do, do as I say.
I am going for Brodix, they are 50 miles from me!
If you want more negative Info, message me..
Still Mad in Arkansas, Larry3