Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Be aware of Low Cost, Low Quality Aluminum Heads
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:36 PM
speed freak

Wiki Edits: 0

What timing on this topic! Sorry to hear about your situation Larry3. I did a ton of checking looking for a steal of a price on a set of al heads. Saw those super flows from the same site, but they were supposed to come from Australia which raised some flags. I remembered some cheap imitaion aluminum parts coming from there a couple of years bak, so decided to steer clear. Glad I did now.

Ever notice how many of these 'new' cheap priced al heads have 'Pro' attached to their name? Makes a guy wonder when you then hear some of the names associatedwith the name, and ending up with a crappy result after tons of additional work to make them work right. I know just because they have 'Pro' attached to the name really doesn't tie them together, but when most seem like junk?, hmmmm.

I ended up buying a set of Brodix RR200's and they should be here next week. Bought them from tonybarkerracingengines.com out of Mendenhall, Ms. Got a great price on them, some Corteco head gaskets and Felpro intake gaskets. Hopefully they are 'bolt on ready' like they are supposed to be.

One thing I was told by a few different people and I cannot verify it, so take it with a grain of salt. Most al head castings are made in China with the name brands being machined and built here. I hope someone can prove that wrong because, like someone said earlier, we need to keep our manufacturing wizardry here and not overseas.

Please, prove this wrong, someone.........

Last edited by ztoy; 04-13-2006 at 07:33 AM.