Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Be aware of Low Cost, Low Quality Aluminum Heads
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:50 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

It's no small coincidence that Pro-Comp is named that. Peter, a Czeckoslovakian whom livesd in Australia, whom also owns Sydney Speed and Marine, in Sydney, also owns Pro-Comp. I understand from a few Austrailian and new Zealander people I know, Sydney Speed and Peter are to be avoided, so same with Pro-Comp.

His main reasoning with naming his knockoff businesses Pro-Comp, was with product name association. Pro- is used in both Pro-Comp...and...Pro-Form. If yoiu were looking for an item made by a company you only knew started with the word "Pro", you'd have a 50/50 cjance to hit either one. So...this gave Peter a 50 percent chance of getting people looking for much better Pro-form products to his less than good parts.

I was approaced by him, personally, to handle and use his parts, and I declined. I had heard of many unhappy experiences/dealings with both him personally, and his parts, from other hot rod builders I know in the industry. I had also seen some of this parts, and came away with less than a confident feeling about them.

I understand Peter will make a dealer out of just about anyone, just ask him and, bango, you are an instant dealer. So much for protected sellers. I think this is the reason we see so many Pro-Comp new products for sale on E-bay, just too many sellers who are getting the message, the parts are not what they are advertized to be, and anybody and everybody are dealers.

From what I am told, with Peter, it is all about two facts, putting other manufactureres out of business if possible, by flooding the market with low cost, poor quality knockoffs, and the bottom line profit margin.