Hot Rod Forum banner

Awesome GM production line photos from '59.

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I'm not kidding you, if you want to see some very cool photos "friend" him on facebook. He has posted some out of this world photos. How about this one?

Brian

#11 ·
Not that I know of, I know the feeling, I didn't for a long time. But as we have discussed on here there are some real good things about being on Facebook, I reconnected with some old friends from highschool (one just few months before he passed away) and family that I never even knew, cousins that don't live near me. How about hooking up with Richard Earl the grandson of my design idle Harley Earl, how wild is that!

Now, if you don't want to hook up with anyone and remain anonymous you can do that too. You can make up a name, put a different city and birthday and all that and become a member (or not) of pages on everything from this Harley Earl to Buick nailheads to guitars to anything you can imagine.

I have a few friends and relatives who had some problems with someone in the family or something who made up names so these problems couldn't find them. Funny thing, one of them was wanting to not be found by a brother of his who recently died of alcoholism. :( But here he is still using the alias for no reason anymore.

But honestly, I really have enjoyed who I see on there everyday. And unlike a forum where you have people you don't like sometimes, your facebook page is only those you want. I have some friends (real friends not just "facebook friends" ) who only want to talk about politics and downer stuff, I simply clicked "unfollow" and I don't see them anymore, it's that simple. I want to see things on there that make me feel good, that's what I go there for, my grandkids and stuff like that. It's like this Harley Earl page, he posts these photos and they show up on my "wall". I can see them, or "unfollow" and then just to his "wall" to see them. But I love them showing up on my wall to see them all every day. Check out this one, he posts lots of photos like this.

Check it out, you can always close the account if you want.

Brian

#10 ·
Man I wish my one man 59 assembly line moved that fast. photos like that make me even more excited to get mine done.
I love seeing the cloths. especially the shoes that were worn on the line back then. not exactly safety toe compliant :drunk: . and I need one of those trick stools to sit on when working inside the car. :cool:

Thanks for sharing Martinsr

Russ

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.