Ayuh, Is a Word,... Moderators Please... - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Ayuh,... errr,... Well,... I don't see a hi-jack, but a conversation 'bout regional dialects,...
'n just google "Chaumont Bay", 'n you'll see where I live,...
I actually have a couple of houses, Right in the outlet of the Chaumont River, 'bout 100 yards from the state bridge over the river, where it meets the bay...
East shore, just opposite the Marina on the West shore,..

I've also had alota 2nd thoughts 'bout postin' this in the open forum 'bout site issues,...
This thread has proven to me that some, or maybe many fellas don't mind, or actually enjoy the work I've done over the last 13 years,...

In the last 13 years, I've tried to develop this persona usin' dry wit, 'n humor...
'n of course, Factual Information...
Typical of the Downeast tradition,...
Not sayin' I don't get it wrong on occasion, but I'm also always ready to admit my mis-statements of Facts, when pointed out...

At this point in this thread, it appears the Mod Team ain't likin' My Style,...
I Won't be postin' in the forums above this sub-forum then,...
I will continue to follow this thread,...
I've built this persona, 'n ain't gonna change it,...
(I know I ain't a Novelist, 'n While I grew up with Steve's wife, Sam, I ain't gonna get written into a Steven King novel either )
Just as many have developed their own personas, 'n personalities, We each have our own,...
I'm 1 of the many Answer'ers, not a Questioner, so If I can't directly answer a question, Factually,...
I'll ask questions of the OP to get enough Info that myself, or the more knowledgeable will have the Info needed to answer the questions posed...

While My 2nd thoughts on goin' public are somewhat relieved, I'd hoped the Mod Team was better represented, As I'm guessin' there's more than 2 Mods here..
More eyes are always Better than less...
But at this point it's 2-0,... If that score don't change, I'll move on,...
I need to satisfy the Mod Team, even though I DO appreciate the support from the posters who have done so, Thanks fellas...

If anybody, Mod or otherwise wishes to repost Any of my posts, showin' this alleged Condesentin' replies,....
I'd love to see 'em....

Again,.. Thank you All for yer time, 'n energy in this issue....

Bill...
I thought Steve's wife was Tab?

BB

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

And after that long post Bill...I see you edited something at 12:01....I'm curious, was it a spelling error....LOL.

Ray
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

ayuh! Is used here to mean yes Too! LOL Usually by my girls (when they were in school)LOL Like when I say " YOUR NOT WEARING THAT ARE YOU !!!! And they reply "AYUH, I AM!!!" Drove me nuts at the time LOL

Jester
Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

wonder are you gonig to ban/censor every 80's word, or just this one..
LIKE gag me with a spoon..
you got to say the AYUH like the valleygirls did in the 80's AAAAAAAAA---YYYY-UUUUUHHH while pop'n gum and wrap'n in around finger..
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
ayuh! Is used here to mean yes Too! LOL Usually by my girls (when they were in school)LOL Like when I say " YOUR NOT WEARING THAT ARE YOU !!!! And they reply "AYUH, I AM!!!" Drove me nuts at the time LOL

Jester
OK guys....This is about the way I see this.......It is not a blatant persecution of other members, but quite subtle actually. I did not know that this is a regional word or whatever.....I just saw it a number of times used by bondo......It was always following a question, mostly from a newer member, that was to me showing a bit of naivety or could be construed as a silly question, if you will. I take to mean that Bondo was saying...."Yeah right" in a sarcastic sense.......BTW, when answering a question that is not simplistic, if you will, his response did not start with the word. Now, these are just my observations. I guess we all have to judge which posts seem silly and which dont

If you all feel that it was him just being friendly in a quaint way, so be it....I wont mention it again. I do feel however, that I am right in this and that it chases new members away....

Budget RVs
Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

really, you think people get offended that easily, if so. the human race is done
Old 04-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Newcomers to the sight need to fell as though they are welcome...
I remember when I was pretty new hear I got in a hash with another member that called me " dude" . When I told him I wasnt a "Dude" he then decided to anounce that I must be a chic. No respect.
I did not appreciate being treated like that and was ready to move on to somewhere else, but stayed on in spite of the childish attack on the other members behalf.
Point is, new members need to be treated with a little respect fellas thati is all. I also agree with Poncho on this as I have thought that Bondos posts using Ayuh werent exactly cordial.
No one wants bondo to move on , nor do I want him or any other members to move on as you all have great skills and experience to share with Members.
But to show respect for another member in spite of his skill or intelligence is truly a must....If you consider yourself a gentleman.
I have lived in many different states from Pa to california , texas, new mexico, illinois, Florida for years, and I grew up in michigan . One of my best friends was from the bayou in Lousiana, 2 of my favorite guys from My military days was from Missisippi, as was one of my Ex girlfriends ( Jackson Miss ) as I lived in Biloxi for a year and a Half. She was a sweet southern belle..Oh man.
Never heard anyone of them folks use Ayuh.
You can use plenty of words in the english language and make it sound condescending, if you try.
Our hobby is under attack from the EPA and other nutjobs as it is. Lets not let ourselves get out of hand.
United we Stand...Divide We Fall.

I am closing this thread as I think what everyone has said here is enough on the subject. No one is banning "Ayuh " as a word , but we will be monitoring for condescending speach in the future.

Last edited by LATECH; 04-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

Getting feelings hurt doesn't have to have anything to do with it. The question is if it is disrespectful. The guidelines for the board ask that you both be respectful, and spell-check your posts. Honestly, painstakingly creating a thick New England accent in the written word does neither of these things. It is also very hard to believe that you do it to save time because you are a slow typist, considering it is at best the same number of key presses. We don't go around policing grammar for every little mistake, but we do ask that people make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling because it is respectful.

We are not here to coddle everyone's feelings. We are here to maintain a level of quality and mutual respect on the boards.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.