Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - b body hub assembly conversion
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runway1589 View Post
hey i have a 86 caprice and i was wondering if it was possible to do a hub bearing conversion. i saw online about the g body conversions using calipers, hub assemblies and spindles from the 98 - 02 blazer and i thought that the g body and the b body front suspension aren't much different. just would like to use hub assemblies so i can change rotors and pads easier and less messy. any advice is appreciated. heres the link to a hub assmbly conversion on the g body.....sorry its from a different site, just needed some ideas.... G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors) C6 Z51 (For Sale!) • GBodyForum.com - '78-'88 GM G Body Community
"Less messy" is because you have to touch the wheel bearings? How often do you actually change brakes in this car? I have a hard time seeing how this makes any kind of financial sense. B-body rotors are so inexpensive that it's cheaper for me to buy new ones than to have the old ones turned when I do brakes on mine (and I have the 12" rotors). It takes me about half an hour at the most to do the front brakes, and most of that time is spent finding where I left my tools last.