B&M 144 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

B&M 144

Trying to figure out snout lenght and drive pully size...It has an 8" snout now but no room for the drive pulley...Does any one know the correct combo to fit my 86 vette..Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

All I can tell you is, Chevy swapped over to the "long" water pump design in 1969, so the lenth was increased on everything that ran on the system.
The "Short" water pump was abandoned on every vehicle in 1969 also, except the Corvette. I`m not sure what year they stopped using it, but my brothers 85 Corvette has a serpintine system, and the water pump and accessories are the short design. Since no other vehicle used them in those years, you`ll have to find one off a Corvette, your best bet is to look on Ebay or other parts companies.
Late Edit, I just realized you were referring to the supercharger lenth, so I`m not much help to you there, sorry. My best thought would be to call Summit Racing and see what they say, they should know what you`ll need to make it work.

Last edited by DoubleVision; 10-05-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 AM

O.K. If I understand this right..If I get rid of the serpintine system and move every thing back towards the block I should have room to clear the steering stuff..If I go with a 1 1/4 drive pulley 2 belt and change the drive pulleys on the alt and p/s pump and go with diff braces that might give me enough room to clear the frame brace and the tie rod...I'll also go with an electric w/p which I have already..Also I would have to go with a shorter snout on the B&M right?? I'm about 2- 3" short now can't fit the B&M drive pulley spacer in the main crank pulley it won't clear the frame brace..Does this sound like a plan..Sure glad I got this blower cheap..What a winter project Anything else you can think of would be helpful..Thanks for your help
Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Last photo:

im going through the same prob.lems myself.if you measured the snout from the case to the end before the pulley and its 8inches you have the two belt if its 9 inches you have the 3 belt .if you have the short water pump and run the crank pulley without the spacer it should work.wich belt tensioner do you have? snout mount or water pump mount if its water pump you will have to make your own bracket.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks..My snout is 9" and I have the tensioner on it....Now if I remove the serpentine drive pulley and replace it with a 2 belt let's say and change the other pulleys to v-belt,,The blower pulley should mount to the 2 belt w/o the spacer?? It's hard to visualise this with all the serpentine stuff on there...Heck I built the motor with less confusion..LOL
Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Last photo:

with the 9 inch snout the face of the blower pulley will be 7 inches from the face of the block.the drive pulley face should be 4 inches from the face of the damper with spacer and v belt pulley. if thats to long you can loose the distance of the spacer.but you will need a short snout you can get them through holly.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.