Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - B&M Shift kit - Governor clicking
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

B&M Shift kit - Governor clicking

I just got done doing a complete rebuild to my TH350 and installed a B&M shift improver kit street/strip. The transmission had no issues prior to the rebuild besides needing new clutches . After putting it all back together and taking the car for a ride I could hear the governor clicking. I jacked it up and turned the driveshaft by hand and could hear it. To verify I popped open the cover and could see it as it clicked (the weights falling) took it out to verify and it stopped. I replaced it with another, put it back together and its doing the same thing. I have since taken the valve body out to make sure the governor screen or line wasnít clogged but it was fine ( I replaced it anyway). Although there was fluid behind the cover I suspect that the governor is not getting full line feed but I donít know why.
I had a friend who builds transmissions for a living help me on this one and trust everything was done properly.
I donít know if this is shift kit related or another reasonÖany ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

BTW- In my frustration Im sure I left out some important info so please ask if more is needed

Last edited by gilby246; 06-10-2006 at 02:26 PM.