Hot Rod Forum banner

baby bug

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Prof. T. Soggmeyer 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Drue, I am a senior in High School and just got my first car- a 1971 VW Super Beetle. I am repairing it for my Senior Project and am painting it light blue tonight (soooo excited!) I am hoping that i can get lots of advice from people who know alot more about cars than i do. thanks! :)

#3 ·
lovebug said:
Hi, I'm Drue, I am a senior in High School and just got my first car- a 1971 VW Super Beetle. I am repairing it for my Senior Project and am painting it light blue tonight (soooo excited!) I am hoping that i can get lots of advice from people who know alot more about cars than i do. thanks! :)

Welcome to the site. Am sure that there are people on here that will be able to help you out with any questions. :thumbup:

#5 ·
Actual model designations for Beetles are numbers that used to corrispond to the engine size. They stopped at 1300, even tho many 1300 beetles had 1500cc and 1600cc engines.. When VW created the Super Beetle, it's model designation was to be 1301 but Simca had a car called the 1301, so they called the '71-'72 Super the 1302, and the '73+ Super is the 1303

'73+ got the curved windshield and modern looking padded dash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.