Back to the 50's car show - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
C6, the C5 of tomorrow

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Back to the 50's car show

Anyone going?
It's here in Minnesota, cool stuff, they had over 11,000 cars last year.

I'm bringing the fatherin laws Austin Healy since my '29 is still just a dream ( albit a dream that takes up a lot of floor space )

http://www.msra.com/BTT50's/BackToThe50s.htm

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Cut it Up!

Wiki Edits: 0

I went last year,...... its biggest car show Ive ever been too..... three time the size of any good guys show.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

Just spent 2 full days there. 11,000 cars Sat after noon. Hey 427 I saw a healey with a SBC. Saw several actually. Also saw a Healy Sprite with a SBC. Pro street no less.

last night I sat by the Best frech fri place and watched cars for 3 hours untill they ran us out.

Best show I've been to.

I be there next year with my Willys.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Does anyone have pics?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

I've got about 130 pictures on the digital camera but I haven't downloaded them yet.

Probably not very interesting as they are mostly 41 Willys and blower motors.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeverfred
Does anyone have pics?
Cboy has some photos on his thread. (click here)

Brian
Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

I'll just second the comments of others who have attended this show. One of the things that really makes this such an outstanding event is the "grounds"...the Minnesota State Fair Grounds. It's like the streets and shops in a small city that have been totally taken over by hot rods. It's tree lined, shady, and filled with great people with great cars everywhere you look. I've tried many times to take a photo that would show the setting well (even rode the sky tram to try to get some good overhead shots), but haven't really been able capture it. The photos below are shot down some of the streets. What you can't really see here because of the crowd is that both sides of those streets are lined with cars for as far as the eye can see. And there are dozens of streets...not to mention the many huge lots that are filled with cars.

These are just shots of the crowd/grounds. The link Brian provided shows a few of the cars I shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	btt50s2007 030.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	22291   Click image for larger version

Name:	btt50s 057.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	22292   Click image for larger version

Name:	btt50s 078.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	22293   Click image for larger version

Name:	btt50s 077.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	22294   Click image for larger version

Name:	btt50s 055.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	22295  

Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I went to the state fair there when I was a kid, it's huge, supposed to be the largest fairgrounds in the world. I have plans of driving my 36 to that show someday, when I get the darned thing done.....
Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 AM
bentwings

Last photo:

I went Fri and Sat. Sat night I sat from about 7:30 to 11:00pm when they ran us out watching the cars drive by. The best french fri place was right behind me and they have a 32 oz box of delicious fries and you can get a bottomless cup for drinks for 2 bucks. Cheapskes like me save the box and cup and keep coming back for more. haha.

You also can go to University ave near Porky's drive in and watch cars. It's non stop from about 4 in the afternoon untill midnight when the cops close everything down. It about 3-4 miles from the fair grounds.

You can also camp at the fairgrounds if you get there early. haha. It's much less expensive than a motel.

Sat it took me 3 hours just to walk around the west lot . there were at least 2000 cars there alone. You can't see all the cars in one day. Sun is the big swap meet. Probably one of the largest in the country. I didn't go this year but last year I didn't get to see all of just the swap meet.

If you want to cruise there are lots of places and roads to go on. Lots of good places to eat.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:45 AM

And I was in the Twin Cities from Thursday nite thru yesterday on Business. Saw some of the cars on the Freeway yesterday on my way to the airport. Someday I'll make it to that show.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Last photo:

MSRA Car show 38 Annual June 17,18,19 2011
Minnesota State fair grounds http://www.mnstatefair.org/general_i...here/maps.html
BEST car show in the Midwest 11,000 cars.
Tickets $10.00 Discount tickets $8.00 in advance.
http://www.msra.com/
Back to the 50ís Event Schedule
http://www.msra.com/BTT50s/2011/Even...20Schedule.pdf
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

I realize this BTT50's thread started a few years ago...but it's as good a place as any to say we'll be there again this year and hopefully a few of us HR.Com folks can hook up. Unless we get beat to our spot, we'll be parked in our usual place by the Coker Tire tent and across the street from the Lokar tent (in the N.E. corner of the grounds). Just look for the sedan delivery (below) and if I'm not sitting behind the car leave me a note on the windshield and I'll try to find you.

On Thurs we'll also be camped out at the host hotel all day to watch all the cars come in for registration. We'll most likely be under a black "Chevy" canopy and very near to where the car is parked.

Dewey

Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Last photo:

BTT50's car show

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalaman63
MSRA Car show 38 Annual June 17,18,19 2011
Minnesota State fair grounds http://www.mnstatefair.org/general_i...here/maps.html
BEST car show in the Midwest 11,000 cars.
Tickets $10.00 Discount tickets $8.00 in advance.
http://www.msra.com/
Back to the 50�s Event Schedule
http://www.msra.com/BTT50s/2011/Even...20Schedule.pdf
Well I won't be going this year, as I broke my tibia, under my kneecap and I cant put weight on it until after 50's.
Those that have never been there, it is the largest three day show in the US. Depending on how many sign up at the show, they might hit 12,000 cars, as we get over a 1000 at the gate.
This will be only the 5th one I have missed in 38 years. In one of cboy's pictures from his 2007 post I saw 4 of our guys cars in it from the club I belong to.

I was President of MSRA before the current one, and on the board for 11 years. The show was a club show until the early 90's when we went national. I was the guy that brought in all the vendors, this year 350. They have changed over the years, the big trucks are not on the road as much, but a lot of them are and still are coming.

It is just a laid back show, fun for everyone, from little kids to the oldest adults. There is kids games for the little ones, we have a youth car club within MSRA for people up to 28 years old, they put on a car show for the teens and anyone up to 28 that has there own 64 or older car.

Once you have went to this show it is hard not to want to come back as it is different than any car show you have ever gone to. I sound like a salesman for the show but I have put a lot into what it is, along with a lot of other people. We try to show what MN nice really means.

Bob
Old 06-13-2011, 12:45 PM

Last photo:

BTT50's car show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
I realize this BTT50's thread started a few years ago...but it's as good a place as any to say we'll be there again this year and hopefully a few of us HR.Com folks can hook up. Unless we get beat to our spot, we'll be parked in our usual place by the Coker Tire tent and across the street from the Lokar tent (in the N.E. corner of the grounds). Just look for the sedan delivery (below) and if I'm not sitting behind the car leave me a note on the windshield and I'll try to find you.

On Thurs we'll also be camped out at the host hotel all day to watch all the cars come in for registration. We'll most likely be under a black "Chevy" canopy and very near to where the car is parked.

Dewey

cboy They are going to do things different at the host hotel, so people can get in and out to REG. they are going to mark off a bunch of parking spaces and set a time limit you can be in there, if it's too long the cops will tag the car. So setting up anything will be limited somewhat.

Also for your info, you can get a club space where your spot for the club is pre-set you can't save spots for cars but your bunch will have the same spot. If you get there early enough you can park your car there, again you can't save spots for other cars but if a bunch of you got there together you could get spots. That's why your picture from overhead I could see 4 of our club cars. we are on Randall just in front of the grandstand, in front of the gas building. we put our club banner up Northern Tin. we have had our spot ever since it started, I was the one that started it.

Bob
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Last photo:

20 minute time limit on parking.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.