Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - back agine still spites back throw the barb at low rpm
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 12:02 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

back agine still spites back throw the barb at low rpm

could it be my cam is to big when im driveing the truck and i shift it in 4 gear it takes rpms way down and it spites back throw the carb.but i shift it to therd and get the rpm up it is fine.i drove it for about 30 miles today today it wont even pull a small hill without down shifting it. but if i get into it it will burn the tires off in 1 gear and 2 gear as long as the rpm's are up.i put a nuther 600 holley on it a newone. pluges cap roter trided timeing from 10 to 16 and and hade a frende set it at32 to 34 at 2500 rpm still the same checked for vack leakes couldint finde iny maid shore my vackume advace is working i jist dont know im going to try a differnt distributor and check valve spinges.and valve agustmint to.i know im driveing you guyes crazy me to i got 4000 dollers in a moter that runs like crap at low rpm the cam is a comp520 intake 523 exhaust.and roush windsor lite 200 heades.today when i was driveing it even in 3 gear with the rpm's up i thought i could hear it spite back reil lite a few times.?