Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Back to the past and drive inns
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Back to the past and drive inns

Couple years back I was driving one of my 66 Impalas and I thought I would cruise on up to my old stompin grounds,Harrisburg,Lebanon .Hershey.Near Posi,Dropped in to say Hi and checked out the Nsra Nats in york and saw a car show next day at a drive in we would hit on the weekends off 422,called the Dixie.Well It was closing that day and the guys from the radio station begged me to go on the air.I didnt but I saw my old girlfriend there and she hadnt changed a bit.It was 40 years since I had seen her .I wonder if any of you guys travel back in time and run into old hot rodders from childhood like I often do or is it just my extra good Karma that brings back these floods of good memories,back when a tank full of gas and the rod was running great,and the girl you cared about kept her hand on your knee.OOOOps shouldnt have said that.Odd thing was she cried when she saw me.Maybe it was the fact back then my 50 chevvy ragtop was the same color sierra gold that my 66 was.I'm sureI didnt look the same