Hot Rod Forum banner

Back to yhe Past

9K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  whinny 
#1 ·
I will start this post I think I might be interesting to se some of the cars from our past ,,mabe a little info on them also,,

I will start with this one,,1967 Pkymouth GTX 440 /375 hp Auto with Air
very good driver

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I need to scan some photo's don't I. :D

Getting that '55 back is so cool, I have never bought back a car that I sold but would sure like to have with a few of them. Does taking them apart and leaving them in boxes for 30 years count as the same thing?

Brian

#6 ·
That is one that I have pictures scanned. :D

Chopping the top 1975.

In my high school parking lot as I drove it.

It's second incarnation with a mid engine Buick 401. At Fremont Drag strip.

It's white wall era.

And now, of course I would have to take about twenty pictures to show it in it's entirety with parts all over the yard. :rolleyes:

Brian

Reactions: 496CHEVY3100
#5 ·
I had a motorcycle that was like a bad dream. I bought and sold or traded this motorcycle about 5 or six times over the years. I would sell it then a year or so later I would buy it back. I traded it to my brother twice and that was pretty good. I finally traded it a year ago and I hope it doesn't find me ever again!!!

#7 ·
My '64 Nova SS, I chopped the top on it never finishing it and it went to the wreckers. :( Not a speck of rust, super solid car. :(

My Gran Sport around 1986 when I bought it at the Fremont Drag Strip.

My Mom's '68 Impala Conv that I drove to the Jr Prom. :D My dad bought it in '73 or so and it only had 13K miles on it. A 327 with a Quadrajet and a T400, kinda odd. Not a single option, no ac, power windows, nothing.

My '95 SHO, if it would stay running I would have kept it, nice car. 14 second car with AC and all, it was nice.

Attachments

#11 ·
No not a fathead!!
67 hemi 4 gear GTX. Had it for a short time. Didn't handle winter roads too well!
I was 19 then.
They were just used cars back then.

Last mopar I built 10 years ago was a 64 Belvedere. 400 and 727. Never finished it. Sold so I could retire to the coast.
All good memories!!

#18 ·

33 Plymouth that a couple friends and I pulled out of the blackberry bushes in 1970 and got running. it had been abandoned near my dads remote fishing lodge down the Rogue River. we used to drive it all over the place around the lodge. down to the swimming hole, etc. it was great for taking girls, who were staying at the lodge on rafting trips, for "rides" in the evening. ;)
that's me standing on the roof, drifting through the time/space continuum. :) (the river is just beyond the bush)

Russ

#19 ·
is surprising all the old cars and trucks we fixed up ,,restored and then Sold I don't know what I would choose if I could go back in time ,,this 35 hhevy truck had a 350/350 with a nova clip pretty much standard at the time

on the right side not shown in this photo ,I am looking for it is a 34 chevy 2 dr sedan ,I installed a V8 aluminum Mercedes engine trans and rear I got it running but not driveable ,,Yep sold it too.:(

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
The early days...

I've had a lot of cars in the past... but I'll just try to post those of some interest.

This first one was a life changer for me. I was heavy into model cars... attending the nearby U.S. Nationals from '62 on... and of course schooling myself through hot rod mags starting in '58. I got my license and immediately gave my models away! I was too grown up for that! (I didn't build models again...... until my fifties.) :)~

This is the car I started with, thanks to $75 dollar loan from my dad. By the time I was out of high school, I painted it myself... rebuilt a bigger 235 six for it, myself... raised the front, pulled off the front bumper for the "Gasser look"... and did the usual floor shift, seat covers, fuzzy dice, spinner knob, etc.

This is the only picture I have of it... with a friend who died in surgery in the seventies, that is telling me I had done a #1 job on it! :) (I miss ya Mike.)

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Here is another "fave".

After my '53 I went through a string of great Chevys, but one of my faves looked just like this! (I don't have a picture of the actual car) But it was an original red-red interior car... 409 horse/409... dual quads... posi and believe it or not "three on the tree"! Obviously I swapped in a 4-speed with a Hurst, added a Z-11 cam, 4:11s, a tach, and a set of Mickey Thompson slicks! It screamed! The time was the late sixties, and I was stomping many of the new muscle cars with it!

I had not started my custom painting yet, but I had a good friend Arlyn Fulk "lace" the rear roof posts and the center of the hood in orange! A later owner accidentally let it get towed by the city. I heard about it, and before I could get it out of their hands... they crushed it and scrapped it out!!!

I was sick! I miss that car. {:-(

Attachments

#23 ·
If you liked that one, you will like the next.

I moved to Tucson, and was working at a copper mine. I had noticed a coworker was driving a faded '63 Super Sport. I told him about my '62, and he pointed out that his nasty looking '63 was also a 2x4 409!!!

It was an original Tucson car, and 99% rust free! I bought it on the spot... drove it for a few years... did a complete frame off myself... then sold it to an east coast collector, and went into the paint biz full time!

Attachments

#24 ·
Here is one of the '65 Skylarks I have owned. This one here I bought from the original owner. The paint was rough so I re-did that but otherwise it was damn nice. I put a th350 in it but other than that it was stock. When I met my wife she had a new car, with a payment, payments and I don't mix. As soon as we got serious, I got this car and gave it to her and we sold the Cavalier she had.

We drove this thing all over, my kids mom moved them to Oregon and I took this Skylark up there four or five times a year without a hitch, well with a hitch, a trailer hitch towing my camp trailer. :D

What a sweet car, wish I had kept it. I had the wild hair in my butt that I had to have a modern car with AC and power windows and crap so I got the SHO and sold this on ebay to a guy in New York. He got a hell of a car I'll tell you that!

Brian

Attachments

Reactions: 496CHEVY3100
#27 ·
No pics of my early cars. We had Polaroid cameras that spit the pic out and you waved it around to develop. The color didn't last many years on those and just faded away. Any that were worth keeping, the ex got in the divorce in '81 and I'm sure she threw away the couple pics I had of the '70 SS 454 Chevelle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.