Backfire..... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Wiki Edits: 0

Backfire.....

I was at the dealer auction with a friend of mine Thursday night when he bought an old Dodge fifteen passenger van (I know, but he had it sold already or we wouldn't have touched it). Anyways, the choke was stuck so it was raising **** and backfiring pretty bad, so I decided to pull over and check it out. My friend was ahead of me and didn't notice me pulling over, so he got way ahead of me. I couldn't get the doghouse off (tools were in the trunk of the car he was driving), so I sat there gunning the throttle in an attempt to clear it out. I'm sitting on the side of the road across the street from this bar just down the road from the auction. While gunning the throttle it starts backfiring real loud and drawing the attention of 'BillyBob', 'Bubba' and a few of their friends in the bar. At first they all came running outside standing right in the open waiting to catch a few stray bullets that they though were being fired. I fell over laughing as one'of'em finally thought about stray bullets and started weaving and bobbing around cars commando style trying to catch a glimpse of the "shooter". I guess they never saw me in that giant van making all that racket laughing at'em. Well, as two of'em ran back inside the thought struck me that they just might be coming back out with a gun of their own. I get on the phone and call my friend telling him to hurry up and get back to me as I didn't want to be the only one to get shot at. I started feeling a little more at ease when all of them did the commando walk back into the bar and closed the doors and shut off the lights so they could still look out the windows without a silhouette (Kind of impressed me that they thought about that, must've been a Vet in the place). Finally my buddy pulls up and we decide to take the van back to the auction and pick it up the next day. On the way out we had just passed the bar when we see three cop cars haulin' down the road lights on sirens blaring. I told my buddy that I was glad to get out of there 'cause the rednecks didn't scare me as much as the thought of still being there when three Barney's roll up with itchy trigger fingers......

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 12:23 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

all this rioting and protesting has whitey itchey.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

HAHA!! Thats great I had a similar experience like that before.

Now Im not knocking mexican's on this, but you know how alot of them always, and I mean ALWAYS Rev the engine before they shut it down?
Well, It was my 17th birthday and I went to get one of those free car wash's on my birthday. Well, It was a bunch of mexicans who were detailing them and all that. They pulled my truck up to the gateway for the wash, and gunned and they went to shut it off.....thats when it let out a HUGE backfire!
It echoed all through the car wash, and all them messicans went running!
I heard that, and the lady at the counter just says to me. " uh oh, Is that your truck? I think they just blew out a tire again"
So of course the first thing I think is, Im gonna kill them
I get out there, and see that my truck is fine, and by this time a couple of the mexicans are coming out of hiding from the backfire. One of them told me it was just a backfire.
I was a little POed about them reving before shutting it down, but it was worth it for the good laugh.

Brad

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.