Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - backfire thru carb
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

i just went out to mess with engine. i gave the dist. some advance started it and then check the timing. it was dead steady at 11 degrees at 700 rpm cold. the last time i checked it was set at about 11.5-12 degrees at 800. this was with a different gun and about two weeks ago. so anyway i go for a drive. its allot better. i still get a back fire at low rpm with a very quick application of throtle(mash to the floor) but not anywhere near as bad as before.

will different brands of timing lights read different?
i checked it again after i pulled back in parking spot after running it to get it warm and still at 7-800 rpm and 11 degrees. the quick rpm rise from 1600 to 1900 is very small now.

i did rev it up some to an unknown rpm but a guess af around 2800-3000 and saw just about 30 degrees of timing. the builder wants 32 degreesat 4500 rpm.

i will drive to work in am to see if anything has changed or drives about the same.

BG TECH are you just someone working for them and just answering out of a book with common problems? i guess i am just asking for your experience just want to make sure you are truely a tech. i know some companys have so called tech's that are just looking up the problem and then reading the answer back to the person. see what i am getting at. i sent an email to the "tech's" at BG website and no response. but get one smae day here.