Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad body work /cars with hidden surprises
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggers View Post
Iam from the midwest the more and more i talk to people the more i here flat rate sounds like the perfered way to pay your employees in the body shop buisness.It is very common in these parts you get paid 40 to 45 percent of the dollar amount per book hour that means more for frame more for mechanical. The shop i work at is very high quality even with all comission based employees we offer a life time gaurntee on all are paint and body work . So not all shops that are on comission do crap work . We still manage to do on a average of about 325,000 a month in sales
warranty goes to every owner, or just the one that owns the car when the work is done.. ?

no one said flat rate don't do ok work.. it's just not the same type "quality" they'd do on their OWN car.. as most book time isn't enough time to do the repair correctly, and insurance co. are known to cut you down ,on what they want to pay for.. and what the car needs.. most times are totally different .. cause your replacing all the parts with factory parts right, not "like" parts i.e. used or aftermarket garbage. right..
or straighten a core support when they right for a replacement,
flat rate shop is the only way body shops can make money when the insurance co. will not pay your shop rate, and pays what they say they'll pay..
more over is your warranty go farthar then just the paint failure that the paint surplier would be covering?
many shops are getting caught straight'n high strenth steel parts the oem's and insurance co. require and right for(insurance co.) replacement.. making the finished car unsafe.. and not fixed correctly.. but it does look the part, i.e. it looks fixed..