Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad body work /cars with hidden surprises
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Love the car Jay, have always been a big fan of the AMX...Own one of each of the 3 good years...68, 69, 70. My 69 is all original with about 40 K original miles...the only thing wrong with it is a dent the size of a quarter just below the rear bumper on the driver's side. I won't fix the dent because it's a true survivor.

It always amazes me how some people can call themselves professional and put out work like you described. Common sense should dictate that things like this don't happen...but like the saying goes, common sense isn't that common. I feel for the unsuspecting public in a case like this, they probably got a tip from a"guy" who knew a "guy" and assumed they would get a first class job.

The stories are endless and I hope against hope that the overall quality of work is getting better. Is it? I don't know, it scares me to no end when I hear a story like yours and it involves a rare car like the AMX you saved.

God Bless you, there aren't enough of those cars left to let inexperienced or lazy people attempt to restore them and in the process make them worse.

Ray