Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad body work /cars with hidden surprises
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Always said the best paintjobs are all in the blocking and buffing skills, period. You could put a bad paint job on good prep work and possibly salvage it as long as there is enough material to sand into for buffing. But if the prep on the blocking end of it is bad (ripples) then I don't care how good you can paint or buff the end result will still look bad. I am probably my own worst enemy with being critical on the blocking end of it, and wont stop until it is right and ready to spray. Then the work begins all over again when it's time to start wet sanding and buffing, this is where all the hard work really pays off. By the way Ray, I have had a few AMC muscle cars myself. Started off with the 304 powered gremlin X's, then picked up a hurst sc/rambler, then a 69 AMX with the 390 go pak and 4 speed. Unfortunately had to sell the sc/rambler a few years back (thanks to this economy). The AMX was sold back in 97, and the gremlins had a lot of fun with swapping out the bigger 343 and 360's. How long have you been into the AMC's?