Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad paint shop
Thread: Bad paint shop
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Is this an insurance job, or did you pay out of your pocket. You might want to call your insurance company and see if they will help you at all to get the thing fixed correctly. Tell them you are not happy with the repairs. Sounds to me like the shop buffed, but it really needs repainting to get rid of the imperfections in the paint. If this is solvent pop or fisheyes, its very likely that buffing won't be able to take care of it, only repainting. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so if you want to get them to fix, continue to call and complain till they are tired of hearing from you. Its really hard not to get any imperfections, but I would complain if there were bubbles or blisters all over the paint. Other then that, you will probably need to take it to court if they still won't fix. In insurance reapairs, cars are suppose to be brought back to preaccident condition. If there weren't a bunch of bubbles in the paint before the damage, there shouldn't be after. I got some solvent pop in the hood of my last paint job, something I haven't got in a long time. Buffing won't take it out. I am out of clear, but will be repainting the hood in the future to take care of it. Not that I really want to repaint and have to spend money on more material, but I won't let something like that go. If they are care anything about there reputation, they should fix the paint. Bad word of mouth travels quicker then good will.