Bad Rat and me - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Bad Rat and me

Last weekend was the Hot Rod Reunion, my buddy Bad Rat (Bill) made it down this year for a reunion of our own. He's made it down twice before, couldn't make it last year. (some silly excuse, wife had surgery , couldn't wait, yada yada ) We always have a good time, the B.S. was stacked to the 4th or 5th row of the bleachers, people had to wear wading boots to walk by! Weather was perfect until the late afternoon, wind picked up, lightening, rain, the whole shooting match. I took my coupe, longest run she had been on, left the wipers at home, a 50 mile run in the rain to get home. Racing was good, the cars were fast in the cool weather. If any of you guys get a chance to make this show, we be waiting. The March Meets is right around the corner also. Bill is a heck of a nice guy and has done a lot in his 72 years, he looks younger than me tho, one of these days I am going to check his I.D......lol. If you ever get a chance to hang out with him, grab it. Dan

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

The rat hangs out on one of my forums too.....keeps us in stitches......

Budget RVs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

dinger !!!! Your a lucky man !!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Last photo:

You know Dan, reading your post just reaffirms in my feeble mind, that hot rodders are just a different breed of people.
I have always believed that!

How many times you been a a local car show and walk by a car and there is a purse in there or trunk open with a whole bunch of stuff?
Bet you don't see that at a Subaru show!

Being we are of the same old age, who would have thought you would one day meet so many good people off of a forum?
If you told me that 20 years ago, I would have thought you were nuts.

Read enough of "Bad Rats" posts, to know he is one of the finest for sure, lucky you.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
66 mustang

have to agree about us guys being different, i had a mate come for a cruise with me in my stang, hes not a car type person, drives an old van.After a while he noticed me giving a wee wave to another guy cruising in his camaro.He said you guys all wave to each other, i then thought about it as i always give a wave to a rodder or classic car driver.9 out of 10 wave back.Just something i do i guess. Great day here yesterday for cruising. Mid spring here and summer just around the corner
later gator
russ
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinny
have to agree about us guys being different, i had a mate come for a cruise with me in my stang, hes not a car type person, drives an old van.After a while he noticed me giving a wee wave to another guy cruising in his camaro.He said you guys all wave to each other, i then thought about it as i always give a wave to a rodder or classic car driver.9 out of 10 wave back.Just something i do i guess. Great day here yesterday for cruising. Mid spring here and summer just around the corner
later gator
russ
That is one of the best parts about a vintage car, you are a member of a "Club" and every single other vintage car driver is too! It is similar on a motorcycle. On my first big trip on a bike it was so nice every time you passed a bike you got a wave.

Brian
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Last photo:

call it brotherhood

Its okay to call hotrodders brothers far as I am concerned.I can remember driving out of state to hang out with another rodder back in the day before pc's and tvs and magazines and rich guys with shops.We usually built them at home or the friendly gas station dude or we all hung together out of town till the law ran us off.Being a hot rodder wasn't easy and being a biker was even harder.I dont know if any of the old timers are on here or not but if they are they know what I am speaking about and thats my heart you hear... moontanker
Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

i first met our favorite rat on a home forum. he had a battle goin on with some wasp.i never heard a funnier story in my life.it went on for a few days. theres still spray adhesive on the shop wall and window im bettin.and that cat of his is a hoot too.hahaha,,poor little dog.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

i first met our favorite rat on a home forum. he had a battle goin on with some wasp.i never heard a funnier story in my life.it went on for a few days. theres still spray adhesive on the shop wall and window im bettin.and that cat of his is a hoot too.hahaha,,poor little dog.hey dinger,i dont know you but if you hang out with the rat you must be a hoot!im still not givin up on us gettin together with ole mello yello and doin a little of that bbq we're allways bragin about.yesser, that would be a fine day.got any embarrassin pics?hahaha

Last edited by geezer69; 10-27-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer69
i hey dinger,i dont know you but if you hang out with the rat you must be a hoot!
I've met quite a few cool people from this site. If we ever got Bad Rat, Beenawaytoolong, powerrodsmike, and myself in the same area together the devil himself would be laughing and having a good time. We all have a warped sense of humor, little regard for P.C., and there are no egos. It would be a blast, the meetings I've had with these guys can bring a grin to my face. Laughs for days and we all like good, greasy food. I consider myself lucky to have hung out with these guys, a get-together with guys from the site would be incredible!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 PM

Last photo:

The CHRR was fun,even tho we didnt qualify.Another long story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	49351  

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.