Hot Rod Forum banner

bad scratches

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
Ok so I need some help I had this kid who I have been doing a little work on his car & as a stipulation he had to help out.Well for 4 days he didnt show &I told him I had a truck I needed to paint & get out of here&now Im behind.
So I have no idea why but he tool it upon hisself to start sanding the truck after I told the customer I would be returning it to him with his down payment plus extra for the hassle as I have tons of work here & I need to make some progress.
So I wake up from a nap & walk outside this kids got both fenders & hood sanded down.I snap out & it takes everything I have not to kick this kids backside. I Ask who told him 2 sand this truck down he says noone...u said u needes my help this weekend & u needed to get this truck done.So I thought u wanted me to sand the truck down.Im about irate. He hand Sanded it with 150.I called my uncle who is a 37 year police vet & my sis who is an attorney both say call & make a police report for property damage. And explained all the hassle etc.I like the kid so decide I have to eat it.He writes up a contract saying he will cover all of the materials and work for me. I really don't have the time to do this job as I've got for jobs need an out in the next 3 weeks and I'm only working part time due to health. Okay so that's the background on it in my rant.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Now my question is, is there a way that I can cut & buff this out?

See less See more
#2 ·
not the kids fault . your the adult, your in charge supervise the work or dont take it in .

Well for 4 days he didnt show &I told him I had a truck I needed to paint & get out of here&now Im behind.

#4 ·
that's what is most frustrating about this trade, especially with restorations. If it's not a complete you are dealing with someone else's trash. This is just another form of that same situation. What a dummy to go do that without being sure that's what you wanted him to do.

#5 ·
use this as a learning experience for BOTH of you. You know more about having a helper and what they'll screw up when your not there. Your responsible for the damage so it has the be rectified.the kid should help fix the damage for free and pay you for doing the work (in free labor) make the best of it the kid sounds like a worker and has a real interest in the work..who knows he just may be the next Chip Foose...be patient and show him how its done...call the owner and explain what happened and that you'll fix the situation then put all the other stuff on hold and think only about this one...then you can relax and go on to the next one. what ever you do don't drag it out it'll only get worse and more stressfull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.