Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad Struggle with Nason SS
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bad Struggle with Nason SS

Hello guys. I have come here with hopes of seeking different opinions for a newbie painter. I have zero experience with automotive paint finishes although a house painter by trade. What I am doing it restoreing a pop up trailer and have done the body work and blocked down the 2K filler ready for paint.
The deepfreeze is what I am spraying to get to know how to use this paint. I have had nothing but bad luck here.

Ive read many things over the nett and watched videos but the thought of doing this is alot easier then actually doing it. Ive sprayed this deepfreeze four times now and it isn't getting to where id like to see it.

The paint is some new environmental Nason SS.

Mixing 4 - 1 2

Setting the inlet presure with trigger on air to 25 PSI

The trigger knob is wide open, the patten is two turns back from wide open. To my knowledge when shooting it on a peice of paper looks consistant and even from top to bottom.

I am spraying the surface with 50% overlap as best I can, in arm legths, keeping air comin out of the gun when letting off the trigger at the end of the strokes.

Im doing nnothing but sprayin money into thin air What am I missing guys any ideas?