Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad Struggle with Nason SS
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintdian
I haven't measured a specific distance, but I spray approx. six inches away. What ever distance that I can see that the suface is becoming wet. I did do one light coat, let it tack, then did another light coat, tacked for a bit longer like 20 minutes, and then did a final one. It dosn't feel like I am putting it on too heavy but it just appears that the paint sprays on rough or something. I am following the steps as best I can but its just not working for me
I just realized you said you sprayed light coats. You want this stuff to go on wet, just don't put it on too heavy that you get runs or sags. It probably looks dry because you are spraying the panel too dry with light coats. I have limited experience with SS but was taught to spray it wet (and that was just in some paint and body classes I took). I'm not a pro, so hopefully one of the pro's will weigh in on this. I'd always take their recommendation over mine.