Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad tire vibration problem
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 08:57 PM
From the middle of the world

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Bad tire vibration problem

my explorer is shod with Maxis Buckshot Mudder tires, very agressive thread 33x12.5-15

I know this tires are far from being smooth on dry pavement they are more suited for sort of motocross style driving, but latelly they have developed this vibration at lower speeds, (which they didn't have when new) say up to 45mph you can feel them like when you drive over that rippled pavement that wakes you up near the toll booths, it's not suspension vibration or imbalance, they also make a loud humming noise, much more than they used to make, this 2 conditions seem to get worse as the tires wear, rigth not they have more than 50% of the thread so I don't want to replace them tires, is there anything that can be done to make them ride smoother? I have already tried all kind of tire pressures but nothing, just in case I also balanced and aligned them, nothing, and BTW I tried with other tires and the problem is gone, definitely this buckshots are noisy but is there something I can do to aleviate the problem.?

thanks

Augusto.