Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bad valve adjustment
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM

Last journal entry: Time to drive..
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry guys for the lack of info. I find it hard to give enough when I'm frustrated and just sank 2500 into a car that doesn't run correctly.
Info on the car:
Bored .80 over (apparently) Stroker, (apparently). I say apparently because I've driven a 383 stroker and mine does not compare to that.
Edelbrock performer airgap intake manifold, holley 650 DP. Flowteck long tube headers. "mild" rv cam.
Parts I just installed:::::
Here's the 2500 dollar part-
I just put a auburn pozzi carrier in, with 3.73 gears. New C5 corvette rims and tires, new wheel studs, all around, new front rotors with new brakes.
2" drop in the front along with monroe performance shocks.
(this is where the frustration begins.)
A couple of weeks ago, I started to hear what sounded like a exhaust leak. Turns out it was a lifter. Everyone knows that sound.
So I did the valve adjustment the old fashioned way. Popped of the valve cover, started the car, and adjusted accordingly. I know, I know, there are people that do not recommend the running valve adjustment. But quite honestly, I was impatient.
Now this is the weird thing, It ran like a raped ape for a couple of days, Then I went out to give er a run, and it wouldn't start. Finally got it started and it was misfiring badly.

So there is the back story.....Now I did run the "spit" test, and it was successful. The number two cylinder is not firing correctly. So I will adjust it tomorrow.

But hey, with the new rims, tires and drop....It sure does look good!!

Mike