Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BALANCED rotating assembly
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Ok so hopefully no body from eagle is listening but. I open the kit and weigh all the parts if something is off i send it back. Either as out of spec or damaged in shipping until they send me the right part.

Usally a quick trip to the scale and flat surface and either its ready to run or ready to go back.

Just like every other company in the world eagle has employees that are lazy and some that have no concern about what goes out. But they do care and will try to get you the right parts. Key here is finding the problem before its got 10k miles on it. Got to know if you are going to have an issue before the kit is installed.

Maybe someone that does balancing can help with some type of at home test to tell if the kit is installable. You know if someone send you the wrong alternator because it does not fit. But if they sent you a 60 amp and you ordered an 80 how would you tell if its the same bolt pattern and style. Same thing with stroker kit.

I have a few simple test i do but im sure someone would say its not enough to be sure its right. But all i do is compare the balancer and flexplate to the ones i have in the garage. i check the weight of all the pistons and rods against what is on the spec sheet to make sure they are labled and correct as per spec. Check the rods for straightness and bearing size. I also take several minutes to review each part and make sure it has all its finish machine work and has actually been cut to spec. Crank ahould be smooth and chambferred on the edges. Usally with in a few minutes you can go over the kit and see if its put togther by monkeys or an engine that kit that is ready to run.