Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - BALANCED rotating assembly
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

BALANCED rotating assembly

Last December when I was checking out 496 rotating assemblies I went to CNC Motorsports website. There were so many kits to chose from. I wanted a forged crank, forged pistons, and H Beam rods. They had Eagle, Scat, and Callies kits. Then you have categories such as Budget, Claimer, Competition, Performance, and Pro Series. I had decided on Keith Black Icon Performance Pistons before I decided to buy a rotating assembly. I finally came upon the CNC pro series kit that had a forged Eagle crank, 3D H Beam rods, and Speed Pro Pistons. So I got on the phone and called sales and asked if I could substitute IC789 pistons instead od the Speed Pros. His answer was they could make up a kit as long as they carried the brand parts I wanted. So I ended up ordering a CNC Pro Series assembly internal balanced by them (not by Eagle). I have my balance sheet they sent with it. BTW the balance sheet has a 0 by crank snout and the weights of all the parts.