Barbecue - Page 19 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ahhhhh Man, you just had to do that didn'tcha?
Especially after I just finished some less than perfect fried Tilapia, salad and field peas - - - - tasted purdy good until I saw that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Ahhhhh Man, you just had to do that didn'tcha?
Especially after I just finished some less than perfect fried Tilapia, salad and field peas - - - - tasted purdy good until I saw that.

The best is yet to come..
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 AM

Last photo:

Ya gonna rub it in aren'tcha?
Had me some mud bugs last week and they were just ?ok? hopefully they will get better as season goes along.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Ya gonna rub it in aren'tcha?
Had me some mud bugs last week and they were just ?ok? hopefully they will get better as season goes along.
Your on the wrong side of the border,,, Come to the home of mud bug's..

It's all in how they are cooked...We have a way of pulling that off here...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Last photo:

How well I know - - - I did them one time and they were good but I had instructions from a transplanted C.A. hahahaha

When I worked for Various Oil Cos some of the service companies would have annual Crawfish Boils that were pretty good but they always had the catered by some Pros.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
How well I know - - - I did them one time and they were good but I had instructions from a transplanted C.A. hahahaha

When I worked for Various Oil Cos some of the service companies would have annual Crawfish Boils that were pretty good but they always had the catered by some Pros.
Now don't get me wrong... There is some coona*** that can also mess them up.. All the chinese restaurant here can't seem to get it right either..

It's a art...Coona*** art...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Last photo:

I made the mistake of trying some Chinese Mud Bugs and they smelled and tasted like last weekends bait that they found at the end of the pier.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I made the mistake of trying some Chinese Mud Bugs and they smelled and tasted like last weekends bait that they found at the end of the pier.
Over here they are Ok,, But I think they just boil them in water only,, Then throw season all over the top of them..
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM

Last journal entry: Paint
Last photo:

Now you are really making me hungry. It's been a long time since I had real Cajun food. Once in a while you see frozen crawfish in the stores but it's not the same as the real deal. I lived in Breaux Bridge. I remember getting the giant shrimp fresh off the boats in New Iberia. I couldn't taste food for at least 6 months when I moved back out west.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8&4spd View Post
Now you are really making me hungry. It's been a long time since I had real Cajun food. Once in a while you see frozen crawfish in the stores but it's not the same as the real deal. I lived in Breaux Bridge. I remember getting the giant shrimp fresh off the boats in New Iberia. I couldn't taste food for at least 6 months when I moved back out west.
When I was a kid growing up,, My step dad, and all my uncle's had Shrimp boats,,, I was always on one of them working,,,
I was 15 yrs old running a 60' double rigger shrimp boat for one of my uncle's,,I lived on that boat in the summers..We ate the things we cought,, Fried shrimp, fried squid , Fried fish, You name it.. Boy was that the life... Right out the water into the pan,, Sleeping on the water was also a plus...Great life out there..If your from breaux bridge, You know what I'm talking about... That 60' boat was set up where one man or young boy could run it by his self... Man !!! this took me back a few years..
Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Last photo:

I was only a honorary Cajun . I only lived there a few years. I remember when they took me out frogging. I didn't have any idea how they could catch frogs with a car battery and a spotlight. The spotlight blinded the frogs, then they just pulled the boat up grabed the frog and put them in the burlap sack. I was in shock the first time I went to a crawfish boil, I didn't know people ate them, they were just something in the canals here.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8&4spd View Post
I was only a honorary Cajun . I only lived there a few years. I remember when they took me out frogging. I didn't have any idea how they could catch frogs with a car battery and a spotlight. The spotlight blinded the frogs, then they just pulled the boat up grabed the frog and put them in the burlap sack. I was in shock the first time I went to a crawfish boil, I didn't know people ate them, they were just something in the canals here.
Funny you bring up catching frogs.... I had a guy that use to live next door to me that always wanted me to go frogging with him,,, One Night I did,,, He said you drive the boat, I'll do the catching,, Sounds good,,, He shined the light on a gator that passed on side of the boat,, I told him to shine it on the next one he saw,,, Now the driver seat is over his motor,,, So when we got to the next gator and he held the light on him,, I jumped down from the seat and reached down with both hands and grabed the gator behind the neck and pulled him into his mud boat and let him go in front of the seat,,,, Now this gator was only five foot, And my friend was on the front of this little mud boat,, I got back into the seat,, Now this gator wasn't wanting to go for a ride,,,,HE WANTED OUT !!!!

And my friend didn't have any wheres to go but the water,,
Good thing the gator wanted out,,, It didn't take him long to hit the water...

I was laughing so hard,, I was crying... This guy was so white it looked like day light that night....
He made me promiss him I wouldn't every do that again...HEHEHEHEHE

Here's a shot of one of the frog's we cought that night... Oh !!! I don't think the guy was as big as the gator..LOL

And yes that is the guy... I think he was still in shock...
We had one that was on the big side,,, But we did catch some way bigger then that before..That was the biggest that night..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all pics 1185.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	71277   Click image for larger version

Name:	all pics 1187.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	71278   Click image for larger version

Name:	all pics 1183.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	71279   Click image for larger version

Name:	all pics 1188.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	71280  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM

Last photo:

Yum Yum - - - and it does taste like chicken - - - - GOOD CHICKEN that is ! not the stuff marked "Tysons"
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Last photo:

Well V8&4spd, Well, I finally fixed a rack of spareribs that exceeded all expectations. Cooked them low and slow with indirect heat and a mopping sauce pan in there to warm and create moisture. Kept the temp at 200 to 275 and basted them every 30 minutes to an hour depending. Made the moppoing sauce out of your Sesame Ginger Marinade, Beer, Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Brown sugar and course sliced Aneheim/Jalapeno/green onions. Put'em on at 7am and pulled them off at 11:30am and the meat was falling off the bones and the bark was just chewy enuff to be larapin (only 4 ribs left after Sherry and I got thru with lunch)

I also made a tater salad with yukon gold and sweet taters that is the best I've ever done but I'm not a tater salad maker or conisuer for that matter. Used the KISS principle and learned a couple of things about boiling taters and eggs for tater salad too.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Last photo:

Now I am really hungry. I need to make some more ribs with the sesame ginger. That is the good stuff. At first I didn't know what to expect with the sesame ginger marinade on ribs, I was use to using it on beef. Try some on tri tip, you won't be disapointed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.