Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Barbecue (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/barbecue-192002.html)

V8&4spd 02-04-2011 12:52 PM

Barbecue

So what kind of BBQ does everyone have planned for the Super Bowl?

wretched ratchet 02-04-2011 02:56 PM

Don't think it'll be "Q'n" weather here but I've got an ace in the hole - - - - there's some leftover brisket in the freezer that would thaw very easily and the best hot wings (next to mine) at Gillam's on the hill and if all of that fails then there is Texas' Famous Woody's Smokehouse about 10 minutes down the road. I've already got the chips and homemade salsa and queso ready. All that's left would be "GO PACKERS!"

V8&4spd 02-04-2011 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There will be a dry spell here to get the good tomatoes for salsa for at least another month. It won't be too cold to BBQ on Sunday. I'm thinking ribs.

wretched ratchet 02-04-2011 03:59 PM

Dang that Salsa looks "larapin" - - - close your eyes Trees. No doubt about it, V8, Ribs ROCK :thumbup: probably my favorite of all !

V8&4spd 02-04-2011 04:07 PM

Those tomatoes must have came from Mexico, that was last month. The good ones won't show up again until toward the end of March or April.

V8&4spd 02-04-2011 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had to go get some ribs before they cleaned them out. Other people had the same idea.

Blazin72 02-04-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
Don't think it'll be "Q'n" weather here but I've got an ace in the hole - - - - there's some leftover brisket in the freezer that would thaw very easily and the best hot wings (next to mine) at Gillam's on the hill and if all of that fails then there is Texas' Famous Woody's Smokehouse about 10 minutes down the road. I've already got the chips and homemade salsa and queso ready. All that's left would be "GO PACKERS!"

No BBQ in cold weather? Last time it snowed here we had the grill going. Definitely gotta go for the Packers too after the Steelers had the refs on their side when they played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

matts37chev 02-04-2011 10:51 PM

BBQ works year round here
but i'll also be making jerky that day :thumbup: :thumbup:

dinger 02-04-2011 11:30 PM

I'm going to the MOOSE lodge, 1 mile from my house, been a member for 20 years, by request, making my 3 alarm chili beans. We're having a potluck, this is the party of the year, get on a few boards, maybe win a few bucks, and root for the Packers.

wretched ratchet 02-05-2011 07:22 AM

I've done my share of grilling in the wintertime but just not this time - - - - at the moment, I'm dealing with some circumstances beyond my control :nono:

MARTINSR 02-05-2011 09:17 AM

I am no football fan but damn it I sure like food so I may just have a little BBQ and chow down!

Brian

V8&4spd 02-06-2011 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The ribs are prepped and ready to go. I will let the rub sit a few hours.

Custom10 02-06-2011 01:30 PM

Had a great time at the Pro Bowl tailgate party last week, walking around and seeing all the little and some big BBQ's going strong. Most guys myself included like real charcoal and that seemed to be the way to go at the tailgate. Man our CFL tailgate parties here in Riderville have got nothing on the US/NFL. They won't let us use the stadium parking lots as a party zone :mad: somebody may get burned or some other PC BS.

But today its time to ask the natural gas BBQ run hot when its -11 Deg C and strong winds on the deck. Back ribs have been marinating all night doing them "jerk style" with lots of hot spice and then a pineapple glaze as they come along,,,have fun everyone that is what it is all about!,,,Go Steelers!

TJ

302 Z28 02-06-2011 01:51 PM

Is it Super Bowl :rolleyes: ?

Vince

V8&4spd 02-06-2011 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I only use charcoal or wood. I use a chimney and newspaper to get it going. No fluid.