Hot Rod Forum banner

Barry Grant Badman -soon

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RPM 
#1 ·
Sure it's expensive, and I've heard some negatives on the Demon, but I've still got my eye on that Badman intake system. I asked for the date setup would be available - here's reply:

Hi,
Somewhere around the first of the year on the small block and the big blocks tentative release date is Summer of 08.

Thank you,

Technical Support

I suspect we'll be seeing reviews of the system a couple of months afterward.

#2 · (Edited)
My purpose of this post is to tell others my experience with Barry Grant products. (Road Demon carb and "Quick Kit #192003) It is also telling others about exorbitant fees charged by Jeg's. I do NOT recommend either company. The final decision is yours to make.

I have a Barry Grant Road Demon carb that I purchased new for $340 plus shipping. It sat in the box for two years before I finally got to install it. Started great and ran fine out of the box with no fine tuning except to adjust the idle stop screw. Let it sit for two days. Went to start the engine to do fine tuning of the air/idle screws. No gas in bowls. After the fuel pump re-filled the bowls, engine started and ran fine. Bowls continued to leak down in two or three days. Posted questions as to why here. tech@BG suggested I get a "quick kit" part #192003 for the carb. I ordered that kit from Jeg's. Cost $20 for the kit, $11.50 for handling, $2.50 for residential address. $34 for 5 paper gaskets used from the kit. Removed the carb, installed the kit. Still leaks down but at a much slower rate than before. One of the base to main body gaskets (the one that matched what was originally on the carb) was torn and not usable. The other slightly different base to main body gasket that came in the kit looked like it would work OK so I installed it.

I guess if I threw that almost $400 POS in the river and threw in a 50 cent piece after it I could say I lost something.

#3 ·
Barry Grant Badman-soon

I bought a BG Mighty Demon carb early this year and I have been very pleased with it,just needed a slight jet adjustment,otherwise it works perfectly for me.My buddy also has one,and he is also very pleased with it.I ordered mine from Jegs,they have always treated me very good,no complaints here !!!

#4 ·
I bought a referbed BG 1090 king demon from jegs the price was quite good. have not used it yet you guys are starting to make me wonder about this purchase. I bought it due to the size of my engine its hard to find a carb big enough to support a built 528cid motor at a good price.

well I hope I have good luck with mine.

#5 ·
BG sells junk and they don't care. I bought a Road Demon they left a plug out and after a few months when the gasket failed it ruined a 383 stroker by washing down the walls. So bad that raw gasoline was running out the header on the ground . BG says oh send it back and will install the plug. Big F-in deal what about the motor, oh too bad. See my pics for more details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.