Barry Grant carbs - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Monster
BG Tech,

You said, "You are definitely welcome to your own opinion, and can choose to use any brand of products you choose on your engine. To make accusations without backing them up is kind of ludicrous."

I think you can verify your dealers content by making some random calls without identifying yourself as a BG rep...it would be very easy for you to do and you should not need my help. Point blank ask them about BG's Customer and Dealer Suppor, that is what I did and I am only reporting the results. I have no ax to grind with you or BG but BG's reputation proceeds them.

All I will say to you is that every dealer I talked to bad mouthed BG, the only one that didn't was an internet seller so I am taking my money someplace else and spending the left over $1,500 on my car.

Harley Monster
Harley,

You apparently do have some type of ax to grind for whatever reason. You state that "every every dealer I talked to bad mouthed BG" other than one on the internet, yet you stated earlier in this thread that you spoke to two dealers. So based on my math that would one bad review, and one good review... Not allot of research in my opinion.

With that being said, I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice, Edelbrock makes some very good systems. If you don't want to help the dealers you spoke to that is your choice as well. I would hope at least as one Hot Rodder to another you'd want to help the guy having the problems though. Since we do not have "Authorized" dealers that work on our products I have no idea who's touched his system, but would be happy to work with him in any way possible. If you don't want to give us their names at least tell them to contact us.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 AM

Last photo:

I personaly dealt with Tech@Bg here on the board concerning a problem a friend had with a carb on a race car.He was very helpful as we tried to sort it out, it ended up not working but that was the fault of the original builder choosing the wrong product,we walked thru the problems and tech @bg informed we had done all we could the carb just was not designed for the application.Again not BG 's fault.And since it would not work for the application he was able to return it no problem for a full refund.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 PM

Last photo:

Customer just left here with a couple parts to put Q-Jet back on his old truck. He bought a BG 525 Demon Junior( I think that what he said, I dont sell BG so I dont know all the terminology) from Jegs after calling BG. He went a few rounds with BG tech support over his issues concerning cold start and fuel mixture. He left the BG carb here and told me to just get rid of it. I gave it to the guy that cuts the grass here at the shop.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsport
Customer just left here with a couple parts to put Q-Jet back on his old truck. He bought a BG 525 Demon Junior( I think that what he said, I dont sell BG so I dont know all the terminology) from Jegs after calling BG. He went a few rounds with BG tech support over his issues concerning cold start and fuel mixture. He left the BG carb here and told me to just get rid of it. I gave it to the guy that cuts the grass here at the shop.
Imsport
Wish I had been mowing your grass! if you get any more let me know I will take all you can get! Its just a matter of getting the right carb on the right engine most think bigger is better and all the help in the world will not make it work. But I find your story very hard to believe if he actuall bought it from Jeg's they would have also taken it back if he wan't satisfied I know this from experience. So if what you say is true two fools really met, him for leaving it with you and you for giving it to the guy who mows your grass
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM

Last photo:

What comes to mind is that anyone who spends $2500 on a carburetor is perhaps the biggest fool. Why would this guy want to spend anymore time and effort on a piece that needs so much attention? He just wants to drive his truck. The only carbs I sell come from VDL or Willys with an occasional crate motor Holley. I gave the carb away cause if I sell it, I'm married to its future issues and I dont need the hassle. I would encourage you to use some 80s tech next time you need a fuel system and try http://www.fuelairspark.com/
Old 08-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsport
What comes to mind is that anyone who spends $2500 on a carburetor is perhaps the biggest fool. Why would this guy want to spend anymore time and effort on a piece that needs so much attention? He just wants to drive his truck. The only carbs I sell come from VDL or Willys with an occasional crate motor Holley. I gave the carb away cause if I sell it, I'm married to its future issues and I dont need the hassle. I would encourage you to use some 80s tech next time you need a fuel system and try http://www.fuelairspark.com/
Oh He He you are so funny and your story is so full of Bull! I don't buy it and I don't think most will No one would dump a new carb rather than send it back for a refund! If he did I understand why he couldn't get it running.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A T 25
Imsport
Wish I had been mowing your grass! if you get any more let me know I will take all you can get! Its just a matter of getting the right carb on the right engine most think bigger is better and all the help in the world will not make it work. But I find your story very hard to believe if he actuall bought it from Jeg's they would have also taken it back if he wan't satisfied I know this from experience. So if what you say is true two fools really met, him for leaving it with you and you for giving it to the guy who mows your grass
Are you saying that Jeg's would take a carb back with refund if it wouldn't work on your car after you've driven it - flowed fuel through it and tried to tune it to no avail? Really?
Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Last photo:

Yes they will if the problem is not something you did to cause it.We returned the 500 cfm 2bbl as it just would not work in the mini stock application due to engine harmonics causing fuel spillover, No problem at all.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM

Last photo:

everybody is quick to trash the bg tech he's been very helpful to me and i would be proud to buy any bg product i've got much worse service from a few of the other performance groups in the industry
Old 04-05-2008, 10:36 AM

Myself I'm not trashing anyone or anything - if you read my post you'll see I'm stating facts and was trying to get info for this defective carb I got this week.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:44 AM

Last photo:

didn't say u were my point is u could get a defective part from any major manufacture they all have qc issues just how it goes when they produce that much product i don't ever see holley, edelbrock, mr g, msd, etc trying to help there customers on any bullitin boards
Old 04-16-2008, 08:41 AM

After BG said that they aren't sure if their carb is bad - even though I said that I have a tuned Holley carb to verify my motor's integrity? I am not a newbie - been tuning carbs for many years. So what did BG expect? For me to send the defective BG carb back to them so they could say that they tested it and found no problem? B.S.!!! I sent it back to Jeg's and they are good with their word - in three days I got a total refund - no questions asked!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM

Last journal entry: This is the Molasses used

6 shot

Here is my experience with the BG 6 shooter I bought for my Pontiac GTO restore. Partial my fault via lack of patience for sending it back the 2nd time, but partial theirs for some flawed advice and support IMHO. Remember this is for Pontiac so I know of no manifold fit issues with Chev Ford etc

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=542513

sorry it is a long read,

Last edited by emrock; 04-30-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.