Hot Rod Forum banner

Barry Grant Nitrous Works Jetting Chart

12K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  350vortec 
#1 ·
Hey guys, :welcome:
I just bought a Barry Grant Nitrous Works 2 stage system, 100-425hp it has a 1/2" thick gold plate, it has 32 holes per bar, so 32Nitrous+32Fuel=64 holes.

I bought this system used and the guy gave me a jetting chart that says
Nitrous Jetting Chart

HP Setting Stage 1 N/F Stage 2 N/F
100/200 46/43 49/40
100/250 46/43 67/46
125/325 57/52 85/55
150/375 62/55 93/70
175/425 81/62 120/82

do these seem right?

I have wired the system up so that once I leave the line at wot the micro switch will activate the 1st stage and whenever I hit the push button the 2nd comes on and the 1st drops out, I did this because I only want to run a 100 off the line and 150 tops
so as of right now I have in the 1st stage: 46/43
and in the 2nd stage: 62/55
what do you guys think a good starting point?
or is this chart way out to lunch?
and what fuel pressure with these numbers?:confused:

thanks in advance!! :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You will get real good jetting and fuel pressure recommendations over in the Nitrous forum at Yellow Bullet Forums - Powered by vBulletin . Best place to ask IMO.

Both Monte Smith from originally NOS Systems and now Nitrous Supply and Steve Johnson from Induction Solutions hang out over there, Steve is the nitrous section moderator. Many more knowledgeable nitrous users over there than here at Hotrodders.

Jet charts and fuel pressures have been revised a few times as they learn more about what works and what doesn't, and have weeded out most of the old wives tale's and misinformation surrounding nitrous over there.

Your chart looks like a later revised chart, but I don't remember the fuel pressure recommendation for it, so I don't want to tell you something wrong

#10 ·
Sometimes takes a while for new member approval, I joined way back when they didn't have that.

Tech sections aren't nearly as bad for BS as the "Trashed" section is.

I did a little searching on jetting and nitrous works plate systems over there, your jet chart is the later version, and most are starting out at 6.5-7 psi fuel pressure and then leaning down as they read fuel ring on the plugs. Most end up in the 6-5.5 psi range, some as low as 4.5 psi.

Most are starting off 900 psi bottle pressure, as that makes a difference on how rich/lean it ends up also.

Did you post it as a new thread, or add it to an existing thread? Posting fresh is the best way to get a response.

#12 ·
That looks like a big gap to me, but I'm using NOS Systems and Snipers, a lot of the references I've found to BG Nitrous Works show some wide spreads with high fuel pressure (7-8 psi) rather then closer splits and the 4.5-5.5 psi that most still in business are using.

Do you happen to have the part # for the kit you have?? That seems to make a difference also...hole count in bars, and individual hole sizes in the bars are important.

Seems BG Nitrous Works had their own special jets, with larger .188" shanks on them, so you can't use other company's jets.

#13 ·
I cant seem to find a part # anywhere, not even on the solenoids, or plate, but there are 32 holes in each bar so 64 for both,
using my caliper I tried eye balling the holes looks like the small holes in the bar are approx. .030"+/-
The outside of the jets measure .188" like you said.
Where the jet slides in looks to be about .190".
Just inside of where the jets sit look to be about .117"-.120" be close.
My Y fitting on the side that goes to the plate, that center seems to be about .136".
And all 4 lines coming from solenoids are also about .117"-.120" should be very close, i found a electric wire that slid in with a very very little bit of side play.

#15 ·
From what I can find, it appears you have the 2-stage "Billet Atomizer" plate system, with the nitrous being mixed with fuel at the nozzle for each stage and the mix then being fed into a separate spray bar for each stage.

It's different than most 2 stage systems, as most 2-stage have 4 spray bars, each stage has it's own separate nitrous and fuel spray bar. That could be why the jetting chart looks so different from everyone else.

Hopefully you can get a response from Steve or Monte over at the Bullet.

#19 ·
ok well I hope some of you are still with me on this..

I just started mounting the plate and lining up the lines and ran into another problem.
my nitrous lines come out to far the way they are bent right now and are touching the dizzy,:pain:
im guessing the guy before me had a smaller dizzy of some sort.

im not sure now if I should attempt to try bending them up? not sure how easy these lines kink.
or order some braided hoses?

I was looking at http://www.summitracing.com/int/sea...tOrder=Ascending&keyword=braided nitrous line
getting 2 at 18" and 2 at 12"
is the -3 an the size I would need?
I wonder what size the orifice are on these?

Attachments

#20 ·
Yes, -3 AN is the correct size hose.

You can get an inexpensive hand bender from NOS Systems and from most parts stores, it is the same size hard line as 3/16" brake line, just has a different 37° flare instead of the 45° flare that is used on inverted flare brake line.

Uses a standard 3/16" compression fitting ferrule at the solenoid end, if you have to cut the hard line shorter.

#21 ·
well I used what I had and tried to bend it I think it worked ok, I just dont like how messy it looks.
and you can see small nicks in the outside of the pipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1eU3bIeN4
how awful you think it looks?
you think those funny bends everywhere will effect nitrous flow?

Attachments

#22 ·
The flow won't be bothered by the bends as long as you don't kink the line.

You can also get new hard line sections from most all nitrous suppliers, with new nuts and sleeves on the line or just the line and reuse your nuts...will have one end already 37° flared if you want to do the hard line from scratch with a proper bend tool.

If you go to a braided line, you will need to get -3AN male nipple to 1/8" pipe adapters to take the place of the compression fitting currently on the solenoids .

I couldn't have it messy, but that is your choice to make. I like nicely bent hard line...you can get the hard line sections in stainless tube also.

#23 ·
I wouldnt sweat it. Get some left over brakeline and practice your bending skills. Once you can duplicate what you want, get the proper hardline and make it look pretty. I prefer the hardline to the braided line, aesthetically. Theres just something about it when its done right, it looks KILLER. Bending and flaring stainless can be an exercise in frustration. I hate it, but its most definitely engine jewelry LOL

Here's some inspiration LOL Courtesy of the master of excess Rick Dobbertin

#24 ·
Go to the hardware store and get a couple feet of large dia bare copper wire. It's easy to bend until you are satisfied with the final shape, then use it as a template for bending your tubing. This also works great for making long custom bent brake lines that have to snake around quite a bit. It work hardens very little, very re-usable for your next project.

#27 ·
I don't have any idea about the BG plate looking so messed up, the Sniper plate looks OK.

Have you posted the same vid link over at YB and Induction Solutions?? Maybe they can shed some light.

I have seen some guy's reporting good luck with the BG parts but using the ZEX Perimeter Spray plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.