Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,044 Posts
LOL, one of my favorites was talking to a customers customer, the guy that owned the boat trailer my customer had painted. I learned stuff from the customer to repute what the owner had told me, funny stuff. Another time I had a guy who use to screw with ratios all the time. He had a customers truck that bird crap had attacked the paint. He was telling me how the paint is junk and on and on. I went and got a lacquer thinner rag and rubbed it on a spot at the bottom of the fender and in two or three passes I went to primer! The paint had ZERO solvent resistance! With the shop owner in tow I walked into the shop and where there was a tailgate that I had painted the day before. I poured thinner on the rag soaking it and rubbed as hard as I could on the tail gate, NOTHING, it didn't so much as take any gloss off, you should have seen his face.

Like I said, I KNOW you Barry and this one has been in your head, you are that type of guy like myself who WANTS to know what happened.

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 09-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.