Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It sounds as what ever you used to wipe around the door handles contaminated the area. Now the trick is to figure out what was different there. Maybe a silicone was applied to the handles to lubricate their pivot points? Maybe a silicone was used to make the handles shiny if they are of the mat black type. Maybe there was a buildup of a polish in and around the handles that contaminated your wipes.

I had a problem once with blue wipes. I had them in their original wrap and 12 of them were wrapped again into a Costco bundle. I stored them in a metal cabinet which also held unopened bottles of motor oil. The vapors from the oil had permeated the product wrappings and ruined the wipes for my use. Took me a few minutes to figure out why all of a sudden I had a problem, then it dawned on me, I used a new roll of wipes on that door.

Hope you figure it out soon, keep us informed.

Nothing I hate worse that when a thread as this gets forgotten and we never learn what the solution was.