Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have never said, not one single time that the hardener in the base had anything to do with this. I simply said FOLLOW THE TECH SHEETS as I always do. As I said to Barry, when you tell people to go out of the tech sheets and mix products it opens the door for craziness which is exactly why manufacturers are very clear on stuff like this. The problem is most likely as discussed, the wax and grease remover, or the primer being "sealed". We may never know in this case.

Of course there are all kinds of times when you can, hell, there are many products that are made in one factory and labels from a number of different distributors are put on them thus making them "different brands" when in fact they are exactly the same. Or "toll manufactured" where it's raw form is made by one company and then modified by the end companies that market it. So there are times when products could be interchanged. It's just best to follow the tech sheets and that is the recommendation I make and want to make clear to all who read on these forums. You stated that ICAR says use it I just wanted to make clear to all those who just read that this is only half the truth. They say to use it it's recommended by the manufacturer.

I did NOT post my last post to argue, I posted it to make sure all who read this have the facts. Being you have been to all the ICAR class's you certainly would agree that is what they say, so there is no argument.

Brian
What I agreed on with Barry is about base w/ activator being superior, and that I-Car agrees to that , not about crossing product lines. I don't recommend it unless I KNOW it works first hand, as would most people. I'm nerdy about tech sheets but I'm also open minded to what works that not's mentioned. I think you've made your point clear as to what you think about crossing product lines but let's all wait it out and see what the problem really is. For the record, I doubt it has anything to do with mixing product lines, but I could be wrong, no shame in that.