Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
If it was the cleaner (and i don't thinks so but paint has many variables. Around handles you have indentations even holes, where any fluids like to gather (cohession. If you have ever noticed "runs" often ocure around hole and body lines. This not only could give you a build up of cleaner, it could give you a build up of product like primmer, paint or clear, and with a build up of product you can get the flashing over effect causing the outer surface of the product to dry or flash and not allow the curing process to complete. Now, correct me if you think I'm wrong and I don't for a minute think I'm always right but I'd like to tell you why I don't think it is the cleaning product. Anytime I have had a cleaning product left on a substrate and I have put primmer, base, or clear over top I have had a mottling effect on the product I just applied. If it was the cleaning product, I would like to know if this was an effect experienced? Thanks again, I love the challange.
I agree with everything you have said.

Brian