Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I know what you mean. In the early 80's I had a shop that had fish eye problems and could not figure out how to solve the problem. I checked every thing, washed and cleaned the both, changed filters. and checked the entire shop for any contamination. Nothing. Finally after about 3 weeks and the problem still persisting I climbed on the roof to look at the air intake system. I found 2 empty bottles of armoural laying beside the shaft that appeared to have been sprayed into the paint both intake shaft. After a thorough clean up the problem went away. It turned out that they had fired a disgruntled employee 2 days before the fish eye problem began....we could only assume. It just goes to show everyone how important housekeeping and the use of questionable products can be.. I ask allot of questions before I try or use any new after market product without the Okay from the paint manufacturer.
Yes , There's always some nut out there!! I had a young body guy I hired that was using grease and wax remover just wiping it on and leting it dry! I told him he was just moving the contaminant's around and when the remover dried the contaminants would still be on the car!! So I told him the proper way, a bit later he was tacking off the car and pushing real hard with the tack cloth! I told him he didn't have to push hard to get the dust off, your leaving the sticky agent behind on the parts!!

Long story short I let him go, He just took advice as criticism like a lot of young people do! That night cars in the lot had the tires slashed!!!! I cant say he did it but it was in the back of my mind!

Jester