Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was thinking last night, about your base coat. I had a problem with a Sikkens special mix to match a ppg Lincoln glamor color for a 65 Impala complete color change, and it acted strange it never quite hardened all the way it felt like a super ball I took a razor and scraped a small piece off my practice piece and it stretched like cellophane! It was right at the time Keystone took over Sikkens in our area! I called a rep at Keystone no real help so I called a Sikkens rep and one came to the shop he mixed it as to the tech sheet and sprayed it on a sample square he brought with him, and took a sample of the paint to have analyzed And left. He called about a week later and told me what was wrong THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG TECH SHEET!!!! AND ON THE CAN THEY STUCK THE WRONG LABEL:ON!!!!! . I was supposed to get a tech sheet for L.V. 350 and a can label for L.V. 350, which is what was mixed in the can!! But I received a can labeled B.T.L.V 350 and a tech sheet for B.L.T.V. 350

The mix on the B.T.L.V. 350 is 3to1to1 but the L.V. is 1to1/2to1/4 He also told me the B.T.L.V. 350 is exclusive to Europe not here!!!

It was like pouring salt on an open wound I went nuts on this poor guy it wasn't his fault !!! > Barry will remember:< I already had a problem having to seal Sikkens sealer with another sealer we talked about it LOL ( who seals a sealer with another sealer ??? )

I got an apology and they Supplied all new materials in abundance LOL I have gallons left over LOL I used Sikkens in the past about 20 years ago But Ill never use Sikkens again!!! and they talked to the customer which I didn't ask them to do But none of my extra labor was paid and I couldn't charge my customer to repaint the car so I lost!

Any way maybe you could have the Base coat analyzed to see if there was any kind of problem! They may do it free!

Jester