Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Yes , There's always some nut out there!! I had a young body guy I hired that was using grease and wax remover just wiping it on and leting it dry! I told him he was just moving the contaminant's around and when the remover dried the contaminants would still be on the car!! So I told him the proper way, a bit later he was tacking off the car and pushing real hard with the tack cloth! I told him he didn't have to push hard to get the dust off, your leaving the sticky agent behind on the parts!!

Long story short I let him go, He just took advice as criticism like a lot of young people do! That night cars in the lot had the tires slashed!!!! I cant say he did it but it was in the back of my mind!

Jester
Its not just the young guys...The worst is an old fossil that wont admit theres a better way thats even easier and faster or they are simply doing it wrong ,they just WONT listen an have the "I'll show you" mentallity...try to show an old timer how to use W&G remover the proper way and see what happens.Or they have a flanged seam upside down so it holds moisture like a cup ..its unbelievable someone can be in this business for years and not know some of the basics....I think every bodyman should paint for a while and every painter should do bodywork so they know some of the reasons we have to do it a certain way to get to a final result and stop acting like a bunch of whinny little girls.it makes me sick.