Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Its not just the young guys...The worst is an old fossil that wont admit theres a better way thats even easier and faster or they are simply doing it wrong ,they just WONT listen an have the "I'll show you" mentallity...try to show an old timer how to use W&G remover the proper way and see what happens.Or they have a flanged seam upside down so it holds moisture like a cup ..its unbelievable someone can be in this business for years and not know some of the basics....I think every bodyman should paint for a while and every painter should do bodywork so they know some of the reasons we have to do it a certain way to get to a final result and stop acting like a bunch of whinny little girls.it makes me sick.
seems like the older they are the more stubborn they become. If you try to address the situation they take it as if you're trying to show them up. They just can't admit being wrong, ever. This is apparent to anyone who is entering the trade cause you will only make it if you ignore it and walk on egg shells around these guys...so true. I've learned it's best to not only ignore it but to bend over backwards for them so you can extract what good information they have. It works like a charm but I had a lot of issues at first when it came to dealing with that. Now, I don't have to listen to them or work under them, but since I was good little butt kisser from the start, I can always go to them for info. With that said, even that doesn't work all the time cause some of these old farts will always view you as a threat to their job and will never want to show you a thing. I call them haters and ignore them.