Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Basecoat Did Not Adhere
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've done that too, admitingly. I once worked for a guy who wanted to get costs down. The jobs we were doing were turning out good at first, then he wanted to cut corners like crazy. Wanted show flat finishes with no orange peel but only put two coats of clear on it to save money??? That's just one example. He also had this kid that helped assemble stuff and wanted me to teach him. So I started to teach him and at first I thought it was a cool thing but then I realized this kid didn't value the important stuff and I felt he felt I was being too anal about procedures and what not, at the same time I smoked pot and it made me a little paranoid cause this kid worked for minimum wage and knowing how cheap my boss is I felt unsettled about the whole thing after a few weeks, so I then just focused on telling the boss he just didn't care to listen, which was true, but I could have been more patient with him, and one of the underlying issues for me was insecurity, which was just a byproduct of me knowing I myself still had plenty to learn. So instead of quitting pot I just got really good at a few select things and now I don't feel I have to worry or look over my shoulders. True story.